Forensic accounting is a type of registration in the form of a scientifically based system of fixing and concentrating on the identification features of objects or information about them that are of forensic significance.
Task 1. Specify the main forms and methods of registration of forensic accounting.
|Forensic accounting forms||Methods for registering objects of forensic accounting|
|1. file cabinets||1. descriptive|
|5. automated search engines 5. photo, video, sound recording|
Task 2 . Specify the system of forensic records of the bodies of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia.
|GIAC of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia||ECC of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia|
|surname||Record library of voice and speech|
|Accounting for stolen items||Hacking tool traces|
|Accounting for firearms||Accounting for fake documents|
|Search registration of persons|
Task 3. Traces of four fingers of the suspect’s right hand were found with clearly visible papillary patterns in them.
List the types of records by which these traces should be checked in order to solve the crime.
Formulate questions that can be resolved by checking the traces on each file cabinet.
|Types of records: 1. Fingerprint operational-search|
|2. Registration of missing persons, unidentified corpses|
|3. Registration of persons put on the wanted list|
|Questions: 1. Do the fingerprints belong to the suspect, accused or previously convicted person?|
|2. Do these traces belong to a missing person or an unidentified corpse?|
|3. Does the data belong to the trace of the person declared wanted?|
Task 4. The corpse of an unknown person was found. The corpse was fingerprinted and an identification card was drawn up for it. List the file cabinets that should be used to check materials for an unknown person in order to establish his identity.
|1. Registration of persons put on the wanted list|
|2. Registration of missing persons|
|3. Registration of suspects, accused or convicted|
Task 5. List the tasks solved with the help of operational reference records.
|Prevention, investigation and disclosure of crimes.|
|Identification of unidentified corpses.|
|Establishing the whereabouts of persons put on the wanted list.|
|Establishing the identity of citizens who, for whatever reason, cannot|
|report this information.|
Task 6. Determine which records and how to use the investigator in the following situations:
1. During a personal search of the detainee at the scene of the theft, the following were confiscated from him: 15 grams of a drug-like substance, 20 ampoules of morphine, a hunting knife, brass knuckles, a passport with traces of re-gluing a photograph.
2. From the locked room, according to the victim, the following were stolen from him: a boat motor, nonsense, four fishing rods, an old electric razor.
|1. The passport must be checked against a file of forged documents,|
|it is possible to join the card file. Also check the passport on the card index|
|The substance must be sent for examination, checked according to the registration of narcotic drugs.|
|2. The motor must be included in the accounting of licensed items. Bullshit, four|
|fishing rods and an electric razor – non-numbered things.|
Task 7. Determine which records and how to use the investigator in the following situations:
1. While investigating the crime, the investigator discovered that some entries in the technical passport for the car belonging to the accused’s wife were vague. The owner of the car explained that this may have been the result of particles of grease or gasoline getting on the passport.
2. During the inspection of the place of the theft of two calves and one cow from the farm of farmer B., the following were found and seized: hoof marks of stolen animals, traces of a truck and a car, 9 traces of fingers that did not belong to any member of the farmer’s family.
|1. The car must be checked according to the wanted vehicle|
|port. Documents to check against the file of stolen documents for|
|establishing the fact of theft of documents. Also believe on the file|
|2. Check these handprints by registering suspects, accused and|
|convicted of a crime. Car tracks – in the footsteps|
Task 8. Determine which records and how to use the investigator in the following situations:
1. According to the victim, the following were stolen from his apartment: a computer, a video deuce, 10 video cassettes, a women’s fox fur coat, 25 bottles of imported collection wines.
2. During a search in the apartment of a person suspected of committing a theft, the following were found: 10 foreign magazines of a pornographic nature, a rusty casing from a PPSh machine gun, and in a specially equipped hiding place – 2 rings, 3 icons, a flint pistol and three thousandth banknotes of the Bank of Russia.
|1. Register stolen items.|
|2. Check for accounting of stolen items and valuables.|
Task 9. Determine which records and how to use the investigator in the following situations:
1. During a search in the garden plot belonging to A., a corpse of an unknown person, still not decomposed, was found buried in a compost pit.
2. During the inspection of the scene of the robbery, the following were seized: a sawn-off hunting rifle of 20 caliber, two spent cartridge cases from PM, a magazine with five cartridges from TT, 39 pellets and one deformed bullet.
|1. Check the corpse by registering the suspect, the accused and the convicted.|
|Also on the registration of missing persons and persons who cannot report|
|information about yourself.|
|2. Check the sawn-off shotgun according to the registration of edged weapons, cartridge cases and cartridges according to|