Tasks for independent solution

1. Determine the number of gamete types in an organism with the AaBBCs genotype.

2. Determine the number of gamete types in an organism with the AaBvX d Y genotype.

3. Determine the number of gamete types in an organism with the genotype aaBBI B i 0 .

4. Crossed tall plants with low plants. In F 1 – all plants are medium in size. What will be F 2 ?

5. They crossed a white rabbit with a black rabbit. In F1 , all rabbits are black. What will be F 2 ?

6. Crossed two rabbits with gray hair. In F 1 – 25% with black wool, 50% with gray and 25% with white. Determine the genotypes and explain this splitting.

7. They crossed a black hornless bull with a white horned cow. In F 1 , 25% black hornless, 25% black horned, 25% white horned and 25% white hornless received. Explain this split if black and the absence of horns are dominant traits.

8. Drosophila with red eyes and normal wings were crossed with fruit flies with white eyes and defective wings. The offspring are all flies with red eyes and defective wings. What will be the offspring from crossing these flies with both parents?

9. A blue-eyed brunette married a brown-eyed blonde. What kind of children can be born if both parents are heterozygous?

10. A right-handed man with a positive Rh factor married a left-handed woman with a negative Rh factor. What kind of children can be born if a man is heterozygous only for the second sign?

11. Mother and father have 3 blood groups (both parents are heterozygous). What blood group is possible in children?

12. The mother has the 1st blood group, the child has the 3rd group. What blood type is impossible for a father?

13. The father has the first blood type, the mother has the second. What is the probability of having a child with the first blood group?

14. A blue-eyed woman with 3 blood types (her parents had a third blood type) married a brown-eyed man with 2 blood types (his father had blue eyes and a first blood type). What kind of children can be born?

15. A right-handed hemophilic man (his mother was left-handed) married a left-handed woman with normal blood (her father and mother were healthy). What kind of children can be born from this marriage?

16. Strawberry plants with red fruits and long-leaved leaves were crossed with strawberry plants with white fruits and short-leaved leaves. What offspring can there be if red color and short-leaved leaves dominate, while both parental plants are heterozygous?

17. A man with brown eyes and 3 blood types married a woman with brown eyes and 3 blood types. They had a blue-eyed child with 1 blood type. Determine the genotypes of all individuals indicated in the problem.

18. Melons with white oval fruits were crossed with plants that had white spherical fruits. The following plants were obtained in the progeny: 3/8 with white oval, 3/8 with white spherical, 1/8 with yellow oval and 1/8 with yellow spherical fruits. Determine the genotypes of the original plants and descendants, if the white color of the melon dominates over yellow, the oval shape of the fruit is over the spherical one.

Answers

1. 4 types of gametes.

2. 8 types of gametes.

3. 2 types of gametes.

4. 1/4 high, 2/4 medium and 1/4 low (incomplete dominance).

5. 3/4 black and 1/4 white.

6. AA – black, aa – white, Aa – gray. incomplete dominance.

7. Bull: AaBv, cow – aavb. Offspring: AaBv (black hornless), Aavb (black horned), aaBv (white horned), aavb (white hornless).

8. A – red eyes, a – white eyes; B – defective wings, c – normal. The initial forms are AAvv and aaBB, the offspring of AaVv.
Crossing results:
a) AaBv x AAbv

o F 2 AABB red eyes, defective wings

o AaBv red eyes, defective wings

o AABB red eyes, normal wings

o AABB red eyes, normal wings

b) AaBv x aaBV

o F 2 AaBB red eyes, defective wings

o AaBv red eyes, defective wings

o aabb white eyes, defective wings

o aaBB white eyes, defective wings

9. A – brown eyes, a – blue; B – dark hair, c – light. Father is aaBv, mother is Aavb.

R aawww aww
G av, av Av, av
F1 AABB – brown eyes, dark hair AABB – brown eyes, blond hair AABB – blue eyes, dark hair AABB – blue eyes, blond hair

10. A – right-handed, a – left-handed; B is Rh positive, B is Rh negative. Father is AABB, mother is AABB. Children: 50% AaBv (right-handed, Rh positive) and 50% Aavb (right-handed, Rh negative).

11. Father and mother – I В i 0 . Children may have a third blood type (probability of birth – 75%) or a first blood group (probability of birth – 25%).

12. Mother i 0 i 0 , child I В i 0 ; he received the i 0 gene from his mother, and I B from his father. The following blood types are impossible for the father: the second I A I A , the third I B I B , the first i 0 i 0 , the fourth I A I B.

13. A child with the first blood group can only be born if his mother is heterozygous. In this case, the probability of birth is 50%.

14. A – brown eyes, a – blue. Woman aaI B I B , man AaI A i 0 . Children: AaI A I B (brown eyes, fourth group), AaI B i 0 (brown eyes, third group), aaI A I B (blue eyes, fourth group), aaI B i 0 (blue eyes, third group).

15. A – right-handed, a – left-handed. Male AaX h Y, female aaX H X H . Children AaX H Y (healthy boy, right-handed), AaX H X h (healthy girl, carrier, right-handed), aaX H Y (healthy boy, left-handed), aaX H X h (healthy girl, carrier, left-hander).

16. A – red fruits, a – white; B – short-stalked, c – long-stalked.
Parents: Aavv and aaVv. Offspring: AaBv (red fruits, short-stalked), Aavb (red fruits, long-stalked), aaBv (white fruits, short-stalked), aavb (white fruits, long-stalked).
Strawberry plants with red fruits and long-leaved leaves were crossed with strawberry plants with white fruits and short-leaved leaves. What offspring can there be if red color and short-leaved leaves dominate, while both parental plants are heterozygous?

17. A – brown eyes, a – blue. Woman AaI B I 0 , man AaI B i 0 . Child: aaI 0 I 0

18. A – white color, a – yellow; B – oval fruits, c – round. Source plants: AaBv and Aavv. Offspring:
A_Vv – 3/8 with white oval fruits,
A_vv – 3/8 with white spherical fruits,
aaBv – 1/8 with yellow oval fruits,
aavv – 1/8 with yellow spherical fruits.

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.