Activities in the children’s camp
“Spark” is one of the most famous and important traditions of the camps. It is possible to conditionally divide the “lights” into two types: the daily “light” – an analysis of the day, which is carried out for 30-40 minutes, and the thematic “light”, which is held 2-4 times per shift and, in fact, is one of the forms of intra-squad Events.
The traditional form of the “light” is that the whole squad gathers around a fire or candle in the evening, the host chooses a talisman and passes it around. The one who currently has a talisman speaks about the past day or on a given topic. At the end of the “light”, a ritual is performed and everyone blows out the candle together. “Spark” is a close circle of friends. Everyone can sit where he likes, with whom he wants. In the circle, everyone sees the eyes and faces of their comrades. The circle has no beginning and no end – one continuous chain through which the currents of spiritual tension, common thought, feeling, warmth pass.
OGONEK – ANALYSIS OF THE DAY
The main goals of the daily evening “light” are not only the analysis of the past day, but also the correction of relationships in the detachment, the regulation of the emotional mood of the participants.
For the evening “light” there are rules:
1. The detachment must be pre-configured and ready for the “light”.
2. Everyone: both children and counselors – are located on the same level around the fire, which is located in the center.
3. Children and counselors must comply with the laws:
• When one speaks, everyone is silent.
• We don’t judge anyone. There are no bad people, there are bad deeds.
• Law of the free microphone.
• Everything said by candlelight should not be “carried out” beyond its limits.
• A candle is not a meeting in a cafe, they don’t eat or dance here.
• You cannot cross the center of the circle.
It is very important that the counselor does not take an active position in the conversation, but is its equal participant. However, he indirectly manages the conversation through questions for analysis.
Questions should be asked in such a way that you can analyze the state of the squad for the current day and understand how to correct it.
Here are sample questions:
• How do you rate each activity completed today?
• What went well in our unit today?
• What was not very good or even bad?
• What needs to be done to get even better?
No need to rush anyone, stop. Children are divided into “talking” and “not talking”. The second ones begin to disappear approximately from the second “light”, and by the end of the shift, as a rule, they do not exist.
The leader speaks last. He evaluates the work and behavior of the detachment during the day. The evening “light” ends with a ritual.
So that the analysis of the days lived is not monotonous, you can apply various options for its implementation:
Description : Each child is invited to look at his palm and think, looking at it:
1. Little finger (M) – “thought”, what knowledge and experience I have gained today.
2. Nameless (B) – “is the goal close”: what did I do today to achieve my goal.
3. Medium (C) – “state of mind”: what was my mood and what did it depend on.
4. Index (U) – “service”: how could I help other people, how did I please them?
5. Big (B) – “vigority of the body”: how did I feel physically, what did I do for my health?
The thread of the story
Inventory: Skein of thread.
Description: Take an ordinary skein of thread and, holding its end, express your opinion; then pass the thread to someone else (preferably someone who is not sitting next to you), and so on until everyone is woven into the web. And remember: if at least one thread is lost, then the whole web will break. Explain to the children that they are the threads that make up the whole pattern.
Inventory : Questions on pieces of paper, a hat.
Description: Write questions that have accumulated over several days. They can relate to both good deeds and not quite good deeds (about porridge, cleaning, good luck, misconduct, etc.). A person pulls out a question and talks about his attitude towards it.
Inventory: Multi-colored threads.
Description: Before the start of the “light”, the children are offered to take a thread. Pieces of multi-colored threads can be of different lengths – 10-30 cm. During the discussion, each child wraps it around his finger, expressing his opinion. Having chosen a thread of one length or another, the child declares his desire to speak and tunes in to a detailed assessment of the day or a short remark.
Description: You can place a tree trunk without leaves in the detachment corner. You tell the children that after each evening “light” green leaves will appear on the trunks of the trees. The names of those children who were the best over the last day or two will be written on the green leaves, for example, Sasha organized the guys for cleaning, Lena helped the quarreling girls make peace and they thank her for it, etc.
It is possible that the children themselves attach the leaves to the tree, choosing one of several colors that symbolize either the child’s mood or his assessment of the day.
If there is not enough time, you can limit yourself to the word of the counselor. This is a good way to praise those who have distinguished themselves, to present the events of the day in the right light, to calm down, to inspire.
Pages: 1 2
From the first day of the shift in the evenings, it is necessary to conduct daily reflection (assessment by children of the day they have lived). It can take different forms.
This is the most common form of daily reflection at camp. A table is compiled: the names of the guys from your squad are written in the lines, the numbers of the shift are indicated in the columns. Every day, children mark their mood on a color scale. It can be as follows: red – the day went well, yellow – the day went well, green – the day did not go very well. According to the table, one can judge the mood of the entire team and the mood of each child individually. You can come up with other characteristics of the day and assign different colors to them, but it is important not to use negative definitions: the day was disgusting, the day was terrible, etc.
This form of reflection is used when working with children of older and middle (closer to older) age group. For each child, an individual diary is started, in which one leaflet is allocated for each day of the shift. At the end of each day, children fill out a diary, writing down their impressions of the day. This method is good because the mood of the child is not made public.
This method can be used for the younger and middle (closer to the younger) age group. Children always like to work with bright visual information. The task of each child is to choose the drawing that corresponds to his mood and internal state at the moment. To conduct it, you need to prepare caricature drawings of funny faces. For example, expressing fatigue, delight, guilt, anxiety, loneliness, anger, etc. Faces are hung around the hall, and children stand near the face that matches the mood.
When the children get to know each other enough, when the counselors conduct a KTD to identify leaders, then it is necessary to come up with a name for the squad, a motto, choose a squad anthem and hold elections for children’s self-government bodies.
Spinner “Adventure Festival”
1. Electric wall. A rope is pulled from one tree to another at a height of 0.5-1 meters (taking into account the age of the children). The task of the detachment: they need to get over to the other side of the wall without touching the electric wall. At the same time, complete silence should be maintained, as soon as one of the participants touched the wall, everyone comes back and starts all over again. After each attempt, the squad is given time to discuss the errors.
2. Swamp. With chalk on the pavement, circles are drawn at a short distance from each other, which symbolize bumps in the swamp. At the start and finish, the rope is stretched at the level of the knees. The whole detachment lines up in one line and their legs are tied (each right leg with the neighbor’s left leg), after which the detachment must silently and, stepping on the bumps, cross to the other side.
3. New York. On the pavement, a square 1 * 1 meter is drawn with chalk. And the whole squad on command must fit in it. Again, this must be done without words. And stay in it for 10 seconds.
4. Matches. The detachment comes to the stage and there they are told that you should take turns approaching the table, taking matches (one at a time), and laying out the word. The main condition is that the whole squad should participate and do it silently. If the entire detachment did not take part in the compilation of the word, then it starts anew.
5. Ice pieces. The detachment comes to the stage and they are told the task. Here is the sea, and this is an ice floe (points to the sheets of paper that he holds in his hands), along them you need to move to the other side without touching the water, but the first person can step on the other side when the last one leaves this coast. The whole stage takes place in complete silence. Ice pieces should be, depending on the number of children, approximately 2.5 times less than the participants in the game.
6. Blind guide. The detachment is told the task is that they must line up in one column (boy, girl), close their eyes, grab the person walking in front tightly by the waist and do everything that the head of the stage says. He, in turn, leads the children through a certain territory and says various obstacles. Example: bump! everyone lifts a foot; duck down! it’s very low here. Children must do all this.
7. Gossamer. All children stand in a close-close circle and stretch their arms forward in one heap. At the command of the leader, they need to take someone’s hand, but not a neighbor and not two hands of one person. Further, at the command of the counselor, the children need to unravel from this cobweb in complete silence.
8. Buttons. The detachment is divided into several teams and they need to count how many buttons on their clothes. Whichever team has the most wins.
9. Zoo. Each child, silently, must invent an animal for himself and show his habits to the whole detachment. The rest have to guess. Conditions: animals are shown by everyone, and without saying a word!!
10. Ship. A river is drawn on the asphalt with chalk and shallows are indicated in it, a boat (made of paper) is placed on the river. The task of the detachment: take turns blowing on the boat so that it does not run aground and quickly reaches the finish line. Conditions: each child can blow only once, you cannot help each other. Misfires are also considered. If the detachment could not bring the boat to the finish line, then it
did the job!
11. Marker. All children stand in a circle, one leader stands in the center. The leader has markers in his hands, he
must pass them (one at a time) to the guys, but each participant should not have
more than one marker. Thus, the guys must come up with a strategy for passing the tokens to each other.
friend so that the rules of the competition are not violated.
12. Stand up. Silently, the guys must complete the following tasks:
– line up for growth
– according to the size of the legs
– by hair length
– by eye color, etc.
13. Jump out by number. The facilitator asks the children to stand in a line. Children should, without saying a word,
jump forward, but only the number of children that the counselor called. This exercise is worth
repeat several times for best results.
14. Count up to 18. The group must, in order, count up to N (either equal or greater than the number
participants), and only one person should say each number. Negotiate who
what cannot be said. As soon as a certain number is pronounced by several people at the same time or
no one pronounces for a long time, the count starts over. Optional rule: every person
must say at least one number.
15. M-M-M in a circle. The group sits in a circle. The first person draws the sound m-m-m-m-m for a long time … on
certain height. The moment he finishes, the next one must pick up, and so
further around the circle. It is important that the sound is not interrupted.
16. Knees. The group sits in a circle. Everyone puts their hands on the knees of their neighbors. Gotta clap
palms on the knees, so that the palms clap strictly in turn, as they lie. strayed
the person removes the hand with which he made a mistake.
17. High chair. Task: everyone needs to sit on each other’s knees. To do this, the group stands in a circle,
turns sideways, narrows the circle and at the same time sits down so that you can relax your legs.
Then you can go around the circle. The group needs to be insured.
18. Understand me. The detachment is lined up in a column. Head to back. Behind the last player
the leader with a gesture conveys to the player some feeling, state, emotion (example: lightly blowing
on the player in front, thus betraying the feeling of coolness, etc.). The child must
feel and understand what the presenter wanted to convey, and convey this feeling in the same way
the person standing in front of him. Having done this procedure, each child must understand what kind of
state, and the very first player in the column must name it. If its version matches
with the truth, the team did it!
19. Flow song. Children must sing a song on a given topic. Conditions can change: replace all vowels in the song with the letter O, Yu, Ya, etc.
20. Log. Equipment: any beam (a tree lying on the ground, or a gymnastic beam) or an outlined line (as wide as the length of the largest shoe in the group, the length of the line is limited by the width of the line). Initial conditions: the team lines up on the balance beam. Task: rebuild on a log so that the first person on the right is the first person on the left, the second on the right is the second on the left, etc., thus constructing a mirror image of the original construction. You can’t talk during the mission. The exercise starts over, if one of the participants touches the ground, the wall, steps over the line, talks. Before completing the task, the facilitator gives the team time to discuss.
21. Blind figures. Initial conditions: the team stands in a circle, holding hands and closing the gas. Task: draw a figure, for example, an isosceles triangle. You can open your eyes only with the permission of the presenter. The exercise starts over if the facilitator notices open eyes or the figure did not work out. During the game, you can invite the guys to build other figures.
22. Minibus. The host asks the guys to stand very close to each other, thus forming a minibus. Then he wraps the players several times with toilet paper. The task of the team is to walk a certain distance together without tearing the paper and singing some song in chorus. If the paper is torn, the job must be restarted.
Team building option in a camp or educational institution
Counselors and children are given the installation: “When passing the tracks, neither speed nor points will be taken into account. For all the allotted time, you can only have time to go through one track – the main thing is that you do it together. The passage of tracks is a team work. The most important thing is the union. This is not competition with each other, but friendly work. But everyone must participate in the performance of tasks. ” Counselors conduct tracks. Children, divided into groups, pass them.
Introductory conversation. Today you have to become participants in a game program with elements of a rope course.
Briefly: What is it? These games, which we call tracks, will give you the opportunity in various situations to prove yourself as a friendly team that can overcome any difficulties. Yes, each task is difficult, but surmountable. EVK is not a competition. The number of tracks covered is not important. It is important how you go through them and what you endured. The one who plays Honesty is the key to victory wins. Everyone must give 300% You are a team. One for all and all for one. You have the right to refuse the track at any stage of the assignment, but if the whole team agrees with this. The host has the right to “stop”: that is, the track can be interrupted and started again, because your emotions (anger, resentment, quarrel) prevent you from successfully completing the task.
Longer: A game program with elements of a rope course (IPEC) is an element of psychological training, which aims not only to teach how to overcome obstacles, but also to give its participants many useful lessons: the art of teamwork, the ability to be a leader, etc. Each track is created in such a way that you experience certain difficulties in solving it, feel the taste of the struggle. The conversation at the end of each track will help you understand why you struggled and what you can do differently in life to overcome such difficulties in a more effective way. Each exercise is difficult, but surmountable. Often the most valuable exercise for a team is the one that the team is stuck on the longest. We consider this exercise to be the most valuable. It is not a competition. The number of tracks covered is not important. It is important how you go through them, and what you get out of it. Whoever plays wins. You will get as much as you put into the team. Everyone must give 100% You are a team. One for all and all for one. Here you will meet things that are unrealistic for real life, but everything is possible. You will discover something new in yourself and your comrades. You have the right to refuse the track at any stage of the assignment, but this is the decision of the whole team as a whole. The leader of the track has the right to “veto”: that is, the track can be started again if your actions lead you to a dead end (anger, resentment, quarrel, fight …)
1. The main thing is safety, no one should be hurt.
2. teamwork: if at least one person failed to complete the task, the whole team loses.
3. you can not use improvised means
4. The track is led by an instructor. Listen and hear it.
Everyone stood in a circle, including the presenter, (-introductory, rules, warm-up) now we will warm up, sport. minute, I start to do the exercise, you repeat after me (4 turns of the head back and forth), and we will do this exercise until someone replaces me, …
Exercises before passing tracks. Relieve stress, tune in to each other, tactile contact.
1. Hand to hand.
-Find a mate and stand hand to hand,
§ foot to foot,
§ knee to knee,
§ shoulder to shoulder.
-Partner to partner, i.e. change pairs and stand up
§ elbow to elbow,
§ belly to belly,
§ cheek to cheek,
§ ear to ear.
-Partner to partner, back to back
– Touching each other with your back, grab your partner’s knees.
3. Let’s say hello. (Toes touch, look into each other’s eyes
-5 min., your task is to say hello in an unusual way) Is this a step? Take the full step!
– Stand facing each other. Let’s rub our noses in greeting.
-Take a step back. Let’s say hello again. (once again with noses and then also with noses …)
-Take another step back. And let’s say hello again.
-And another step back. Let’s say hello.
-Another step back. Let’s say hello for the last time. (lying on the floor) What do you think? What are the options?
The main part is Tracks.
Description: A ring is located horizontally in the forbidden area at a height of 2.5 m. All participants stretch a piece of fabric over the edges, on which lies a large two-horned ball.
Task: Throw the ball into the basket.
1. The use of other objects and technologies (for example, kicking the ball through the fabric) is not allowed. If the conditions of the task are violated, the team starts the task from the beginning.
Description: A rug is spread on the ground. All participants are placed on the mat. Task: The team must, without leaving the mat, turn it over to the other side. Other conditions:
1. No competitor may touch the ground outside the mat.
2. The use of improvised means is not allowed.
In case of violation of the conditions of the problem, the mat is spread out again, the participants are placed on the mat and the team starts over.
Description: Participants stand facing in a circle. Each participant, with an open palm on top, holds the signal pole in front of him. Task: make a full circle around the poles with the whole team.
1. Poles stay in place and stay upright.
2. Each participant at a time can only touch one pole with the open palm of the same hand.
In the event of a fall of at least one pole ex. starts again.
Purity of experiment
Description: On the ground, the border of the forbidden area is marked with a ribbon. There are two sites in the forbidden area. On the first platform, a figure is composed of fragments of various colors and shapes. Task: The team needs to move the figure from the first platform to the second, keeping the color scheme and the layout of the parts.
1. Competitors and parts of the figure may not touch the ground in the prohibited area, only the ground.
2. Each participant can only touch one detail.
3. The use of improvised means is not allowed.
In case of violation of the conditions of the problem, the figure on the first platform is restored and the team starts over.
Description: On the control line between two trees, a hoop with a signal system (bell) is vertically fixed on guy wires. Under the hoop on the ground, the border between points A and B is marked with a tape. The team is at point A. Task: The team needs to get from point A to point B through the hoop without violating the signal system.
1. Competitors may not step over the tape separating point A from point B.
2. None of the participants can touch the hoop and the wires with any parts of the body, clothing, hair, etc.
3. The use of improvised means is not allowed.
In case of violation of the conditions of the problem, the team returns to point A and starts over.
Description: At a height of about 1.5 m, an enclosed space is limited. The members are inside. Task: to carry out the transfer of team members beyond the fenced area, while avoiding touching the fence. At the end of the mission, the entire team must be outside.
1. No competitor may touch the boundary line.
2. The use of improvised means is not allowed.
In case of violation of the conditions, the entire team returns and starts over.
Description: sheets with letters of the Russian alphabet are laid out in order on the ground. Task: within three minutes, put on each letter in the subject, the name of which begins with this letter. At the end of the time, participants must explain their choice. If letters remain blank, the group must pantomime them with the whole composition. Time to prepare each pantomime – 10 seconds
1. It is forbidden to use objects and materials other than those that the participants brought with them.
2. It is allowed to use body parts or competitors whose names begin with these letters to fill in the letters of the alphabet.
Description: There are two identical sets of Lego pieces. One set at the disposal of the participants, the building assembled from the second set. This building is shown to the participants for 10 seconds. Task: Reproduce an exact copy of this building (construction, color, materials)
1. Participants have 3 attempts. In case of inaccuracies (design, color, materials) after 3 attempts, the task is considered failed
2. It is not allowed to assemble and disassemble the building during its demonstration by the instructor
3. The number of parts of the building – according to the number of participants. In case there are less than 8 participants, a structure is created at the rate of 2 parts per person.
Description: on one platform there is a bucket with sweets, from which ropes diverge. On another platform, there is an identical empty bucket without ropes. Task: Transfer valuable cargo to another “container” and pour it.
1. It is allowed to spill past a bucket of up to 3 sweets. If this error is exceeded, the team starts the task from the beginning.
2. It is forbidden to hold on to any part of the ropes, except for the knots at the ends.
Description: Accessories for the raw egg container are available. Task: within 5 minutes, construct a container that will help keep an egg dropped from a height of 3 meters intact.
1. It is forbidden to use other improvised materials
The knot will tie…
Description: There is a long thick rope, one end of which is tied. Task: lined up with the whole team along the rope, it is necessary to tie a knot between the participant closest to the tied end of the rope and the next participant.
1. Participants hold on to the rope with their right hand only.
2. It is forbidden to move the hand along the rope and unclench the hand until the end of the task.
3. If the knot is tied in the wrong place, the team can unravel it and continue or start the task again.
Memo to the leader of the track.
1. Remember safety
2. Neutral analysis to yourself
3. Clarity in giving instructions
4. If the “case” is going well, step aside and say nothing but “well done”.
5. If the case is “not going well”, light it up, cheer it up, give positive examples.
6. The team can refuse the track if all its members agree with this decision (but one must try not to allow such a mood in the team.)
7. Conduct reflection after the end of the track (if this is not to the detriment of the dynamics of the team)
• Welcome to the track…..
• Track started…
• The track is finished…(at the very end, when the task is completed)
Life does not always give us time to choose, sometimes we have to make decisions quickly and independently.
Can you draw an analogy between the track and life, give an example from life, recall a similar situation.
1. Did you like the track.
2. what difficulties did you face
3. were there other ways to pass the track
4. were there people who controlled your actions
5. why do you think you passed (did not pass) this track
6. what hindered (helped) you in passing the track
7. what are you feeling at the moment
8. what worked, what didn’t work
9. what would you change if you played the track again…