(garbage bag – garbage bag: large, often black)
Also, if necessary, help prepare a place for the kitchen (where you will pick up food).
4) Rub and expose dishes that may come in handy.
It is normal to rub as well learn in practice.
PS When rubbing, check for fingerprints on the glass:
just look through the glass at the light.
Rub and expose marmida (for hot).
In the marmid (in the tray that is in it) you need
pour a few liters of water, then
light and put the burners under the marmidas.
Grate and put water boilers. Pour water into them and turn them on.
5) The distribution of people in the work areas and their preparation.
6) 15-20 minutes before the arrival of guests, they begin to pour drinks and bring food.
By this time, each waiter should know in which working area he is and works (carries drinks, carries food, at the bar, on the buffet line, in the garden zone).
7) Aperitif – a drink served before a meal and causes appetite.
Several people stand with trays of drinks at the entrance and politely greet guests.
8) Next, you practice in your work area.
If you have any questions, please contact your manager.
9) End of the event, cleaning.
If necessary: loading things back into the car.
If you work on the buffet line (tables where guests take food), then you must definitely know what dishes are on it and be able to use the layout, i.e. Serve your guests exactly what they want.
The layout is often ordinary tongs, but if they are not, you should be able to use two forks or a fork with a spoon, in the role of tongs. You can try all this in practice.
If you carry food on trays, you also need to know what you offer guests.
It’s the same with drinks. If water, what kind? (with gas, without gas, which company)
Wine – what kind of wine? (name, its taste: dry, semi-dry, etc.)
PS You must know what exactly you offer guests!
Never hesitate to ask, ask the chefs or bartenders what you have taken and will offer to the guests! It’s better to ask again than to be stupid in front of the guests later !!!
With the proper maintenance of banquets, there are first and second numbers. The first during the event do not leave the table at all, and the second help the first (take away dirty dishes, bring new ones, bring hot snacks, hot, etc.).
Approximate order of conduct:
1. We arrived. If necessary, unload the car.
2. Rubbed all the dishes.
3. Set up tables. They ironed and spread the tablecloths.
4. Distribution of people in work areas and their preparation (garbage zone, kitchen, bar).
5. Distribution by numbers (usually you know about it in advance).
6. Next, the first numbers are engaged in serving, and the second – an aperitif.
7. Cold snacks are served on tables for guests (before guests board).
8. Landing guests. The first numbers do not leave the tables!
9. Poll guests for their preferred drinks!
Also offer snacks standing on the table.
10. The second numbers gradually bring additional salads and snacks to the first.
The first ones offer everything to guests (everything is carried out).
11. Hot appetizers are served next.
12. Hot dishes.
13. Dessert. Tea.
14. End of the event. Cleaning.
If the table is served by one waiter, then he does everything himself (both for the first and second numbers).
a) As soon as a guest sits at your table, introduce yourself to him (Hello! My name is …. Today I serve your table.). Ask him if he wants something to drink.
b) You must know everything that is on the tables, as well as everything that you offer guests!
c) Always make sure that the guests do not have empty glasses, glasses (top up more often).
There are many variations of various servings, but often at banquets they use the simplest one, which is shown in the figure.