Electronic Russia was approved in 2002 from the post of government. Purpose: providing access to information about the activities and services of public authorities in electronic form, interdepartmental interaction and unified control over public authorities.
E-government is the concept of public administration inherent in the information society. This concept is based on the possibilities of information and telecommunication technologies and the values of an open civil society.
1. Creation of the e-government program. The purpose of this program:
-interaction between public services and citizens
-between government and private companies
-between government agencies and their employees
Tasks of e-government:
– constant access to information within 24 hours a day and 7 days a week
-interactive filling of various forms of documents.
-remote acquisition of licenses and permits
– remote filing of tax returns
– obligatory publication on the Internet of draft laws and government decrees.
2. creation of an electronic document circulation system in all state structures
3. legalization of the electronic digital signature. In 2002, the federal law on EDS was issued, but it only gained legal force in 2007.
4. creation of Internet resources of state structures.
Stages of implementation of the “Electronic Russia” programs
1) 2007-2008 Creation of information systems, Internet resources, creation of an electronic office management system, creation of cryptographic programs in order to legitimize the EDS.
2) 2009-2010 The pilot operation of information systems, Internet resources is launched, and the digital signature acquires the legal value.
Electronic Russia (or sometimes also called “Electronic State”) is a Government Program that includes four major areas of information technology development of society (see diagram below).
1. The program was approved by Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of January 28, 2002 No. 65 (as amended on June 9, 2010) “On the Federal Target Program
“Electronic Russia (2002 – 2010)”;
2. Beginning of the Program: 2002;
3. The purpose of the Program: providing access to information about the activities and services of public authorities in electronic form, interdepartmental electronic interaction and unified state control over the performance of public authorities.
4. Tasks of the Program:
– Creation of the “Electronic Government” program within the framework of this Federal Program. The program originated in the West in the 90s. “Electronic government” is now defined as: a method of providing information and providing an already established set of public services to citizens, businesses, other branches of government and government officials, in which personal interaction between the state and the applicant is minimized and information technologies are used to the maximum extent possible.
The concept of e-government includes electronic interaction at 4 levels: 1) this is the relationship between government services and citizens; 2) between the state and private companies; 3) state organizations and their employees; 4) as well as between various government bodies and levels of government.
The objectives of this program:
1) efficiency and simplicity in resolving issues that require interaction with government agencies via the Internet 24 hours a day, 7 days a week;
2) through various interactive services, citizens and entrepreneurs can access government websites and fill out numerous forms, make an appointment, look for a job, etc.
3) remote acquisition of licenses and permits;
4) remote filing of tax returns and applications for social benefits;
5) mandatory publication on the Internet of draft laws and resolutions of the Government, information on the formation and execution of budgets, ongoing tenders, reports on the results of the work of state enterprises, the results of audits conducted by the Accounts Chamber and other control bodies.
The program provides:
– Creation of points of access to the system of interdepartmental workflow in federal executive bodies. In this regard, in 2009 the Government of the Russian Federation approved the Resolution “Regulations on the system of interdepartmental electronic document management”;
– creation of automated workplaces providing access to the electronic document management system in the Administration of the President of the Russian Federation and the Office of the Government of the Russian Federation;
– organization of interdepartmental access to state information resources;
– creation of a unified EDMS system (electronic office management system) for all government agencies. This is necessary for two purposes: a) to remotely combine the Internet resources of various state bodies with each other and, b) to remove duplication by traditional paper workflow;
– in order to use electronic documents, it was necessary to introduce and legitimize the electronic digital signature (ES). Therefore, in 2002, the Federal Law “On Electronic Digital Signature” was adopted, and ES began to be actively introduced into practice only after the revision of this Law of 2007;
– the most important thing (which is provided for in the Electronic Russia Program) is the provision of two-way communication between state bodies and citizens via the Internet;
Although the Electronic Russia Program ends in 2010, work in this direction does not stop. The program provides for the development within the framework of the project of the long-term target program “Information Society (2011 – 2018)” of measures aimed at continuing the formation of e-government in the Russian Federation in 2011 – 2018.
5. Within the framework of the Federal Program “Electronic Russia”, several major legal portals were created, namely:
– portal of the Supreme Arbitration Court of the Russian Federation (http://arbitr.ru);
– Russian Post portal (http://mail-of-russia.rf);
– portal of law enforcement agencies (http://112.ru);
– portal of the government of the Russian Federation (http://government.rf);
– portal of the President of the Russian Federation (http://president.rf);
– portal GAS “Justice” (http://sudrf.ru).
As an example, let’s take a look at the structure of the activities of law enforcement agencies on the Internet (see the diagram below).
6. Stages of implementation of the Program “Electronic Russia”:
The implementation of the Program in 2007 – 2010 is carried out in 2 stages:
1) the first stage – 2007 – 2008;
2) the second stage – 2009 – 2010.
Rice. Law enforcement activity on the Internet
In the period 2007 – 2008 it is planned:
– it is planned to further develop the system of standards in the field of creation and interaction of state information systems, the use of information and communication technologies in the activities of legislative, executive and judicial authorities, including for organizing automated collection and storage of information, providing citizens with access to it;
– further development and testing on the example of individual tasks in the field of public administration of solutions to ensure information exchange between state information systems;
– formation of an infrastructure for interdepartmental information interaction based on the creation of a federal information center and a federal certification center, as well as the implementation of pilot projects in the regions;
– development and testing on the example of individual regions and municipalities of standard software solutions in the field of regional informatization.
In the period 2009 – 2010:
– pilot operation, refinement and phased implementation of solutions in the field of information interaction of public authorities among themselves, with the population and organizations, integration of state information systems are carried out,
– the formation of a unified infrastructure for ensuring interdepartmental information exchange is being completed;
– EP acquires legal significance.