Anti-tank grenade launcher RPG-7V
I. Purpose, combat properties, incomplete disassembly and
assembly .. General arrangement, completeness, grenade launcher .. The concept of the operation of its components and mechanisms when firing,
The RPG-7V hand-held anti-tank grenade launcher (RPG-7N-with a night sight) is designed to fight tanks. self-propelled artillery mounts (ACS) and other enemy armored vehicles. In addition, it can be used to destroy enemy manpower located in light shelters, as well as in urban-type structures.
Grenade launcher caliber 40 mm
Maximum grenade speed 300 m / s
Combat rate of fire -4-6 rounds per minute.
The weight of a grenade launcher with an optical sight is 6.3 kg.
Shooting from a grenade launcher is carried out with PG-7VM shots. PG-7VL. PG-7VR, PG-7V
|Conventions||Ka-libre Granata||Armor penetration mm||Range||Shot weight kg.|
|RPG-7V with PG-7VM round||2.0|
|RPG-7V with PG-7VL round||2.6|
|RPG-7V about the worn-out PG-7VR “SUMMARY”||105.55||4.62|
The order of incomplete disassembly of the grenade launcher.
– dismantling and assembling the grenade launcher on a table or clean bedding
· Put the parts and mechanisms in the order of disassembly, handle them carefully.
I. Remove covers (first from the breech, and then from the muzzle of the grenade launcher).
2. Separate the trigger mechanism .
Pushing out the checks shock-
3. Separate the firing mechanism.
- holding the barrel with your left hand, unscrew the nipple with your right hand using a screwdriver wrench
and remove the striker, striker spring and support sleeve from the base of the striker mechanism.
Unscrewing the nipple of the firing mechanism
4. Separate the trigger housing cover
- take the trigger mechanism in the left hand with the right hand, using the screwdriver wrench, unscrew the four screws and remove the cover of the trigger housing.
Assembly order of the grenade launcher
after incomplete disassembly ,
1. Attach the trigger housing cover: Replace the trigger housing cover and screw in the four screws.
2. Attach the firing mechanism :
put the spring on the striker, insert the support sleeve and the striker with the spring into the base of the striker mechanism and screw the nipple with a screwdriver until it stops into the support sleeve.
3. Attach the trigger mechanism : insert the protrusion of the base of the firing mechanism into the cutout on the body of the trigger mechanism, press the trigger mechanism against the barrel and insert the pin into the hole on the left side.
4. Check the correct assembly of the grenade launcher:
put the trigger on the cocking, when you press the trigger, the trigger should vigorously hit the striker.
5. Put on covers (first on the muzzle, and then on the breech).
The grenade launcher consists of :
1. Barrel with a mechanical (open) sight.
2. Trigger mechanism with a fuse.
3. Striking mechanism.
4. Optical sight.
The grenade launcher kit includes:
Spare parts : 2- strikers; 2- striker springs; 2-support bushings; 1-nipple (in the bag pocket for two grenades)
Tool ; 1 wrench; 2 drift; 3 devices for assembling and disassembling USM (in the pocket of the bag for two grenades)
1 Key screwdriver
4 punch groove
5 slot for screwdriver
P Accessories : I. cleaning and lubricating rod for grenade launcher (in a bag for two grenades)
2. stem with a washer to remove the remnants of the powder charge from the bore of the barrel. (in a bag for two grenades).
3. belt with covers (the belt must be adjusted so that the cover from the muzzle is removed only after removing the cover from the breech of the grenade launcher)
5. A bag for storing and carrying three grenades with powder charges.
6. A bag for storing and carrying two grenades with powder charges.
In addition, for every 9 grenade launchers, a group kit of spare parts is attached, including a device for checking sighting devices, a device for assembling and disassembling the USM and spare parts for the grenade launcher.
a – a bag for three grenades:
b – a bag for two grenades;
I – socket for a grenade.
2 – nests for a pencil case with a powder charge;
Z – socket for a ramrod;
4-pocket for spare parts and tools
When fired from a grenade launcher, a powder charge is ignited by the impact of the striker on the primer-igniter of the grenade. The gases formed from the combustion of a powder charge give the grenade a rotational motion and throw it out of the barrel at a speed of 120-140 m / s.
After the grenade leaves the barrel, the stabilizer feathers open, the fuse is cocked at a distance that ensures the safety of the shooter and the ignition of the powder charge of the jet engine. When the powder charge of a jet engine burns, due to the outflow of powder gases through the nozzle holes, a reactive force is formed and the speed of the grenade increases, reaching 300 m / s at the end of the complete combustion of the charge.
When a grenade meets an obstacle, the piezoelectric element of the fuse is compressed, as a result of which an electric current is generated, under the influence of which the electric detonator of the fuse explodes, and then the explosive charge of the grenade. When a grenade explodes, a cumulative jet is formed that pierces armor, strikes manpower, and destroys weapons and equipment.
When fired, the grenade launcher has no recoil. This is ensured by the outflow of powder gases back through the nozzle and the socket of the barrel nozzle. The resulting reactive force directed forward balances the recoil force,
2. Appointment and arrangement of parts and mechanisms of the grenade launcher and shots for it.
I. Barrel – for directing the flight of a grenade and removing powder gases when fired.
Consists of: a pipe and a branch pipe.
a). The pipe in the breech has a widening that forms a charging chamber.
b). Branch pipe – in the front part there is a nozzle, in the back part – a socket ending in a plate.
a – pipe; b—pipe
1-broadening; 2-cutout for the grenade retainer; 3-base of the front sight; 4- base of the aiming bar; 5 ears; 6-base of the striker mechanism; 7-protrusion for the barrel handle; 8 – strap for mounting an optical sight; 9 swivel; 10-clamps; I1 – wooden slips; 12 – bell; 13-platter; 14 – cheeks of the barrel handle.
The stem has:
- cutout for a grenade retainer;
- grounds for fastening the front sight and aiming bar;
- ears for accession USM;
- the base of the striker mechanism with a nest;
- a bar with ledges for mounting an optical (night) sight;
- on the right are two swivels for attaching a belt with covers and a shoulder strap.
2. Trigger mechanism – for pulling the trigger from the cocking, striking the striker and setting the grenade launcher on the fuse.
/ – frame; 2 – trigger;
3 – fuse;
4 – trigger;
5 – sear: 6 – rod; 7 – mainspring
Z. Fighting mechanism – for breaking the primer of the grenade igniter.
1-strike; 2-spring of the striker; 3-support sleeve;4-nipple
Sights are used to aim the grenade launcher when firing at targets at various distances.
Consist: – optical sight PGO-7V2 (PGO-7V3).
– mechanical (open) sight.
Optical sight PGO-7V2
Magnification – 2.7
Field of view – 13° ( 2-17)
Weight – 0.5 kg.
The weight of the sight with a set of spare parts and a cover – 0.95 kg
The scale division of the sight is 100 m.
The division value of the lateral correction scale is 0-10.
The optical sight consists of:
housing with bracket
9-eyepiece with eyecup
sight adjustment mechanism
10-adjustment screw in lateral direction
11-height adjustment screw
12 handwheel for entering temperature corrections
Mesh lighting device when shooting at night
13-housing mesh lighting device
browband – 17
Winter Mesh Lighting Device :
6-sleeve. 6 5 1 4
To illuminate the grid at temperatures from +2°C and below, it is necessary to use a winter grid lighting device.
The battery is installed in the housing so that the central electrode is connected to the contact screw, and the side electrode (shifted to the side) is connected to the cut on the housing contact.
To prepare the reticle lighting device for shooting at night in winter conditions, it is necessary to put the battery into the body of the winter device as indicated above, and put on it the cap removed from the body on the sight, and put the cap of the winter device on the body on the sight. The body of the winter device with the battery is carried in the pocket of the grenade launcher
If the sight is pitching or the stopper does not rest against the bracket when the sight is firmly fixed on the grenade launcher, you must:
– move the latch with a screwdriver key to align the latch hole with the clamping screw and remove it;
– rearrange the handle by a few teeth on the clamping screw and achieve 1-latch; 2-hole latch; normal 3-clamp screw; 4-handle.
fixing the sight on the grenade launcher;
– put the latch on the clamping screw and position it so that its protrusion fits into the socket of the handle.
The optical system consists of:
v prisms (for
v grids (for
v protective glasses-1.
The optical system includes a sight reticle.
On the grid of the PGO-7V2 sight:
lateral correction scales:
The division of the sight scale 2,3,4,5 corresponds to firing ranges in hundreds of meters -200,300,400, 500 m. The division of the lateral correction scale (the distance between two vertical lines) corresponds to ten thousandths of 0-10.
On the grid of the PGO-7V3 sight in the lower part there is a scale for firing a PG-7VR grenade
The rangefinder scale on the PGO-7V3 sight is designed for a target height of 2.4 m.
Above the scale of the sight there is a “+” sign that serves to check the sight.
Case for carrying an optical sight:
1-case; 2-lace: 3- pocket for a napkin: 4 – napkin: 5 – pocket for a winter grid lighting device: b – winter grid lighting device;
7-key screwdriver; 8 light bulbs; 9-light filters:
A mechanical (open) sight is used in
in case of damage (failure) of the optical sight.
It consists of an aiming bar with a clamp, the main and additional flies placed in casings.
1 aiming bar; 2- collar; 3 – main front sight: 4 – additional front sight; 5 – sighting bar casing; 6-window aiming bar; 7-latch; 8 slot; 9-clamp window: 10-front sight casing; 11-main front sight spring; 12 front sight fuse; 13- axis of the additional front sight; 14-spring additional front sight